Edited by John Michael Sefel and Niels-Viggo S. Hobbs
Robyn Hill, Associate
Back Cover Text
Lovecraftian Proceedings is the Official Organ of the Dr. Henry Armitage Memorial
Symposium. Established in 2013 as a key part of NecronomiCon Providence, the Armitage Symposium
fosters exploration of Lovecraft as a rationalist who created an elaborate cosmic mythology, and
how this mythology was influenced by, and has come to influence, numerous other authors and
- Preface by John Michael Sefel
- Introduction by Niels-Viggo S. Hobbs
- Poe, Lovecraft, and “the Uncanny”: The Horror of the Self by Anthony Conrad
- “A Stalking Monster”: The Influence of Radiation Poisoning on H.P.
Lovecraft’s “The Colour out of Space” by Andy Troy
- Dead Lies Dreaming: H.P. Lovecraft and the Other Side of Modernity by Andrew Lenoir
- Lovecraftian Milton: Prophetic Certainties, Romantic Rebellions, and Horrific Imaginings in the
Weird Worlds of Milton and Lovecraft by Marcello C. Ricciardi
- The Failed Promises of Rationality: Sam J. Lundwall on the Individual Lost in an Uncaring and
Soulless World by Lars G.E. Backstrom
- New England’s Curator: Colonial Revival in the Travelogue and Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft
by Kenneth W. Lai
- Lovecraft, Fear, and the Medieval Body Frame by Perry Neil Harrison
- Attempting to “Untangle” the Mind, Body, and Phallus in Lovecraft’s
“The Thing on the Doorstep” by Zack Rearick
- The Shadow of His Smile: Humor in H.P. Lovecraft’s Fiction by Stephen Walker
- Monstrous Modernism: H.P. Lovecraft’s Theory of the Aesthetic in Modernity by Jason Ray
- Dagon and Derrida: The Modern and Post-Modern in Dialogue in the Cthulhu Mythos by Lyle
- I and Cthulhu: Using Martin Buber’s Ontology of Dialogue to Examine H.P.
Lovecraft’s Cosmic Dread by Daniel Holmes
- Thinking Ecocritically: A Look at Embodiment and Nature in the Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft by
- Genuine Pagans: A Foray into Lovecraftian Religions by Dennis P. Quinn
- Appendix: Abstracts of Papers Presented at NecronomiCon Providence—2013 Emerging
Scholarship Symposium by John Michael Sefel, Chair
Lovecraftian Proceedings Number 1. Edited by John Michael Sefel and Niels-Viggo S. Hobbs.
Robyn Hill, Associate Editor. New York, NY: Hippocampus Press; 2015; ISBN 978-1-61498-149-7;
paperback; 264 pages.
Purchasing This Book
This book may be purchased in paperback from Amazon.com or Barnes & Noble or directly from the publisher, Hippocampus Press.