By H.P. Lovecraft
Illustrated by Pete Von Sholly
Introduction by S.T.
In The Case of Charles Dexter Ward
Lovecraft puts forth one of the most horrifying concepts
of his career—a trio of grave-robbers are systematically rifling the tombs of the
world’s most brilliant men—men who also possessed occult and arcane secrets thought
to be long lost. In the hands of these monstrous ghouls, the dead are resurrected from bones and
dust and extorted endlessly for their secrets! It’s the story also of a hapless young man
who finds he is just a pawn in this deadly game and a doctor who discovers the plot and finds he
is the only man who can fight it.
—Pete Von Sholly
- Introduction by S.T. Joshi
- The Case of Charles Dexter Ward by H.P. Lovecraft
- In Search of the Dread Ancestor: M.R. James’ “Count Magnus” and
Lovecraft’s The Case of Charles Dexter Ward by Richard Ward
- Count Magnus by M.R. James
- Re-Animating Lovecraft by Brent V. Friedman
- Some Thoughts, Observations, and Conundrums with Regard to The Case of Charles Dexter
Ward by Pete Von Sholly
The Case of Charles Dexter Ward. By H.P. Lovecraft, illustrated by Pete Von Sholly,
introduction by S.T. Joshi. Hornsea, England: PS Publishing; 2016; ISBN 978-1-786360-47-2;
Purchasing This Book
This book may be purchased in hardcover from Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or Half.com or directly from the publisher, PS Publishing.