- BiblioFile – An article from Bibliofile, the Newsletter of the
Brown University Library, describing how the manuscript of “The Shadow Out of Time" was
- Mysterious Lovecraft Manuscript – An article from Among
Friends, the Newsletter of the Friends of the Library of the Brown University, also describing
the re-discovery of this manuscript.
- Hallowed Tale – And another version of the same tale from the
Brown Alumni Monthly. Includes a photograph of Lovecraft at age 25.
The following entries include the first publication of this work and any publications currently
- Astounding Stories, 17, No. 4 (June 1936), 110–54.
- The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the
Macabre. New York: Ballantine Books, 1982, 325–75.
- The Dunwich Horror and Others. Ed. S.T. Joshi. Sauk
City, WI: Arkham House, 1984, 368–433.
- Tales of H.P. Lovecraft. Ed. Joyce Carol Oates.
Hopewell, NJ: The Ecco Press, 1997, 275–328.
- The Shadow out of Time. Ed. S.T. Joshi and David E.
Schultz. New York, NY: Hippocampus Press, 2001.
- The Dreams in the Witch House and Other Weird
Stories. New York: Penguin Books, 2004, 335–95.
- H.P. Lovecraft: Tales. New York, NY: The Library of
America, 2005, 719–83.
- Shadows of Death. New York, NY: Del Rey, 2005,
- Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H. P. Lovecraft.
London: Gollancz, 2008, 555–606.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Fiction. New York, NY: Barnes
& Noble, 2008, 948–998.
- At the Mountains of Madness and Other Weird Tales. New
York, NY: Barnes & Noble, 2009, 265–320.
- At the Mountains of Madness and Other Works of
“Science Fiction”. London: Creation Oneiros, 2011, 153–204.
- H.P. Lovecraft: The Complete Fiction. New York, NY:
Barnes & Noble, 2011, 948–998.
- The Best of H.P. Lovecraft: Tales that Truly Terrify from the
Master of Horror. London, UK: Prion Books, 2012, 393–462.
- H.P. Lovecraft: Great Tales of Horror. New York, NY:
Fall River Press, 2012, 550–600.
- The Classic Horror Stories. Oxford, UK: Oxford
University Press, 2013, 382–443.
- The Complete Cthulhu Mythos Tales. New York, NY: Fall
River Press, 2013, 520–572.