These pages provide alphabetical and chronological lists of Lovecraft’s writings, links to
purchase collections of them, and also electronic texts of many of those writings.
- Electronic Texts
- A complete list of all the electronic texts of Lovecraft’s writings available on The H.P.
- Sources of Lovecraft’s Works (Bookstore)
- A list of books (and the companies that publish them) in which Lovecraft’s works may be
found, as well as links to online bookstores where these books may be purchased.
- Lovecraft’s Writings
- Despite being known primarily as a horror writer, Lovecraft wrote on a remarkably wide variety
of subjects. The following pages provide categorized lists of his works.
- Fiction – A list of all of Lovecraft’s fiction,
including revisions and collaborations.
- Poetry – Lovecraft, like Poe, at one time considered
himself primarily a poet.
- Letters – Lovecraft was a voluminous letter-writer,
and it is estimated that he wrote over 100,000 letters in his lifetime.
- Amateur Journalism – Lovecraft’s talents
blossomed under the influence of amateur journalism.
- Literary Criticism – Lovecraft not only reviewed the
works of others, he wrote numerous pieces on his philosophy of literature.
- Science – Science fascinated Lovecraft from an early
age, and he had especially strong interests in astronomy and chemistry.
- Travel – Although some think of Lovecraft as a
reclusive stay-at-home, he actually traveled quite extensively along the Atlantic seaboard.
- Philosophy – Besides his literary philosophy, Lovecraft
held strong views on the nature of the universe, which is clear throughout many of his
- Autobiographical – Lovecraft wrote several brief
autobiographical sketches for his correspondents.
- Noteworthy quotes from Lovecraft’s fiction, poems, essays, and letters.
- Lovecraft Readings
- Readings of many of Lovecraft’s works are available on album, tape, and compact
- August Derleth’s “Posthumous
- August Derleth wrote stories based on fragments written by Lovecraft and then marketed those
stories as collaborations between him and Lovecraft – or by Lovecraft alone.
- Visitors’ Favorite Stories
- Two top-ten lists based on a poll of visitors to The H.P. Lovecraft Archive.
- Request for Manuscripts
- If you own any Lovecraft-related manuscripts, please consider scanning them for us!